From her early childhood Mela was interested in childcare, holistic healing and energy work. Early in life she learned that food is an important part in self healing which led her to vegetarianism by the age of 12.
Mela became a nurse working in psychiatric clinics dealing with adults, teenagers and kids for many years. At this time she completed a diploma in holistic nutrition. She also took courses in aroma therapy, phytotherapy, NADA ear- acupuncture, aggression management and non-violent- communication. Today Mela integrates all this knowledge into the work with her clients and students.
Traveling and exploring different countries and cultures have always been a passion for Mela. She travelled through Africa, Asia, and finally ended up in Thailand on a small island where a new journey began, dedicating her time to the study and practice of yoga. Starting with Ashtanga yoga , she found her way to the agama tantra yoga school in Thailand, where she studied for 7 months. At this time she also met her teacher, Reinhard Gammenthaler, with whom she found her biggest inspiration in terms of yoga and its original traditions, the kundalini yoga. The use of mudras, bhandas and the breath became essential in her practice. As she gained more experience she took her first yoga teacher training course in order to deepen her understanding even more. This led to singing coming back into her life. She finally found the courage to take a singing lesson and fell in love with singing mantras and using her voice in the practise of bhakti yoga.
Mela started teaching yoga in Zurich and worked casually as a nurse in a psychiatric clinic with children. She started adapting yoga into her work and taught classes for her working colleagues and the kids in the clinic. She also taught different classes in kindergardens and was involved in school projects.
In the past few years, Mela has lived in several spiritual communities in Thailand, Bali and India. Her first 10 day silent meditation retreat blew her mind. She couldnt believe how much she had actually been longing for such an experience. Many other silent retreats followed and the study of Advaita Vedanta with her beloved master Mooji, with whom she spent time with in his ashram in Portugal and India.
Already amazed by the power of the breath in yoga, she started to explore Breathwork. The simple use of your own breath in a conscious way, fast became a big part of her life. Mela became a group breath-work facilitator and started offering breathwork ceremonies. Later she was blessed to meet and study with Leonard Orr, the founder of rebirthing breathwork and is now also holding one-to- one breathwork sessions.
Throughout those years of studying, practising and teaching, Mela’s main focus became the breath. Bringing awareness into the breath has quite simply transformed her own life, bringing her more into her own centre and heart. Yoga, meditation, rebirthing breathwork and singing with the breath as the main focus is her biggest passion, both in her own practise and in her teachings. Currently Mela is studying Family Constellation work.
Along side the seriousness in spiritual practises, Mela also likes to laugh, play and move. She took part in a training in partner-acrobatics and also loves sharing playfulness with her students. Dancing and moving her body in order to heal is a part of her daily life, her workshops and classes.
Mela is offering 1:1 sessions in Portugal, Switzerland and online.
She is also available to be booked for retreats and trainings and open for different co-creations.
Visit her other website www.relaxplayyoga.com to find her actual events and retreats or check below on where to meet her next (festivals).
- Zen Coaching
- Conscious Nutrition
Workshops & Classes
- Breathwork & Music Medicine Ceremonies with Miguel Anumano
- Inner Child work & family constellations
- Singing Circles & Kirtans
- Chakra Dance (live music guided journey through the chakras)
- Hatha/ Kundalini Yoga & Pranayama
- Mother/ Women Circles
- Cacao Ceremonies
Workshops and Classes:
- Breathwork Ceremonies, Chakra Dance and individual Sessions in Lisboa since Dez 18
- Breathwork Ceremonies, Cacao Ceremonies, Singing Circles… ect in Switzerland since 2014
- Individual Sessions and Classes at Zorba the Buddha 16/17, Delhi, India
- Breathwork and Cacao Ceremonies in Goa India, Winter Season 17
- Yoga Day Lucern / Organizer 2018/2019
- Portugal Spirit Festival Sept 18
- Pachamama Festival July 18
- Swiss Acro-Fest, Schönried, Sept 17/18
- Yoga Festival im Kiental, August 17 & 18 Switzerland
- Yoga Festival Ängsbacka, July 2017, Sweden
- Green World Yoga and Sacred Music Festival, July 2017, Sweden
- Balispirit Festival, 2017 Ubud, Bali
- Elementalyoga.com Yoga Teacher Training, Anatomy, Yoga & Breathwork, Luzern Switzerland 2018
- Parimukti Yogatherapie Training, Anatomy, Kirtan & Breathwork, Goa, India 2017
- Shree Hari, Yoga Teacher Training, Anatomy, Kids Yoga. Gokarna, India 2017
- Feeling Soul Good., Yoga Teacher Trainings, Co- teaching the whole trainings – Bali 2015/2016
- New Year Retreats in Switzerland, www.relaxplayyoga.com 2017/18
- Women Retreats in France, www.relaxplayyoga.com, 2017/18
- Breath and Sound Retreats in Spain www.relaxplayyoga.com, 2015/16/17/18
- Yoga Retreat Breathe and Let go – Spain www.yogaspiritcircle.com 2016
- Yoga in Heartsongs Retreat with Kevin James Caroll- India www.yaktrak.com 2016
We respect your privacy